Danielle wrote about Chop Chop in Leith in June. The wonderful people who brings you Chop Chop dumplings are good enough to freeze some of them for your private delectation. Here’s my favourite dumpling dipping sauce, tasty and versatile, to eat with Jian’s potstickers or your own, home-made dumplings.
- Light soy sauce
- Sherry or rice wine vinegar
- garlic, finely chopped or minced
- fresh ginger, finely chopped or minced
- fresh chilli, finely chopped
- fresh coriander, finely chopped
- Peanut butter, crunchy or smooth
- Basil, finely chopped
- Lime juice
- Mix garlic, ginger, chillies, vinegar and soy sauce to taste.
- Add coriander.
- A note on amounts